Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #131
From: TonynyX44@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:31:56 EDT

Tony,

Not likely, but it wont make it any better either!! and it could cause you

Wasn't thinking of "better" Ted..just not WORSE and lens protection.

internal refections due to two extra filter surfaces, which by the way also
have to be cleaned, Becoming a pain and eventually you'll just throw them

now that's annoying

But the most important thing is:  Don't tell the LUG you did it!!!!!!!!

Oh what the hell...they got enough legal troubles as it is. ;-)

about putting UV filters on your multi-thousand dollar Leica glass. :)

My Summicron F2 was a bit less than that...but I catch your drift.

Regardless of the filter quality. :)

Leica filters of course...how dare u? ;-)

Besides a UV filter on any Leica coated lenses doesn't really do much and

Except protect the lens when I'm surfing the Sahara during one of Kadafy's
mood swings?

Oh yeah and you'll receive 229 posts about the "filter protection factor"
if you drop the lens, a Saharh desert sand storm, ocean sea water and other
sundry fling things from overly excited cows. :) Dropping them is something
we do on a daily basis and that's why we buy a lot of new lenses!!!!!!!! :)

Uncle Ted!!! I knew I had a rich relative somewhere

Don't forget to read this completely tounge in cheek! :)  Other wise you
might think I'm being sarcastic. :)

But of course..(wink)