Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 summaron
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:47:13 -0700

> From: Ken Wilcox
>
> Is the Summicron worth the extra money? ???????????? Compared to the f3.5
> version yes, IMHO, but I've never used the f2.8 version so I can't
comment
> on it. My local Leica dealer claims the 2.8 Summaron is as good as the
> Summicron, but he has been known to be a little over enthusiastic when
> trying to sell something.

My own experience in comparing the 2.8 Summaron with the 1st version 35mm
Summicron - the Summaron was a great lens, in fact it was sharper than my
old Summicron that had seen a few too many dust storms and dirty shirt
sleeves from the professional who had sold it to me. All those little
scratches on the Summicron gave the Summaron the edge in sharpness and
contrast. The Summaron is a very fine little lens.

Gary Todoroff