Subject: Re: [Leica] <FS> & <WTB> sorry, I couldn't do this on Friday
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:35:13 -0500

At 05:20 PM 6/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am struggling with the decision to buy the 35 f2.0 ASPH vs the 1.4. I have
>read that some of you want to sell your pre-ASPH 35 mm for the new 1.4. Any
>feedback from using it. Is it so much better than the 2.0? Is it so much
>larger and does it annoyingly obscure the viewfinder?

I have the Summilux (1.4) and love it. It is a wonderful lens. Much better
than the Summicron at apertures wider than f/2. :-)

All joking aside, this lens is great to use wide open. The quality of the
image is wonderful. I do not regret spending the extra $1,000 for this lens.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I'm still not sure if I understand ambiguity.