Subject: Re: [Leica] <FS> & <WTB> sorry, I couldn't do this on Friday
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:08:31 EDT

The 35/1.4 ASPH has a special quality that is hard to describe, but easy to
see.  Vastly superior to its predecessor.  Everyone who sees images from this
lens comments on its incredible sharpness.  The 35/2 ASPH is also a great
lens, but not vastly superior to the lens it replaces.  The 1.4 is large, but
does not really intrude on the viewfinder as much as you would think.  It does
seem to be prone to flare under certain circumstances.  I think this has
something to do with the front element being slightly concave (almost flat)
and the cutout in the lens hood.  I think this allows some stray light to
enter at an extreme angle causing flare.

Bill Rosauer