Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica III c
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 13:11:29 +0200

Hi Chris,

I just bought the Leica Pocket Guide this morning, and this is my first use of
that neat little book! It says that production of Leica IIIC recommenced in
1946 with serial numbers starting at 400001. Production volumes are 5000 in
1946 and 15000 in 1947. Based on that, you camera should be from 1947.

It is more difficult for the lens. As clues you can look at the smallest
aperture: if it is f12.5 you have a pre-war lens, f16 is post-war. But
substantial numbers were produced *during* the war, and the book does not give
the exact year of the change.

I cannot help with price info.

By the way, do you live in Wroclaw?

Nathan