Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lens Prices, was sharpness, was New 50 R Summilux
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 18:44:51 EDT

Tom Shea wrote:

<< Actually, the
 prices of Zeiss Contax lenses are even more difficult to understand.  Their
 300 F 2.8 lens is $12,000.  Many of their other lenses are relatively
 inexpensive (compared to Leica). >>

Yes, I have found the same to be true.  Zeiss/Contax has a new 55mmf1.2 that
costs about US$5,500.  I would like to find someone with this lens to here how
it performs.  How would it compare to the Noctilux?  But considering the Leica
line, the 50f2.0 in both R or M represent great value, especially considering
the resulting picture quality.

Arturo