Subject: RE: [Leica] cron vs lux
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@ReadersDigest.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:37:17 -0400

I too see a significant superiority in images taken with my 35/1.4
Aspherical (1st version) compared with a host of other 35mm Leica lenses
spanning 30+ years. In addition to obvious sharpness and contrast, there's
a kind of pure, smooth look to the details. I've yet to be struck by the
same impression when shooting with the 35/2 ASPH, a lens I use more for
it's size and lower cost (compared to the 35/1.4) than for any other
reason.
See previous post about the 40/2 Summicron-C: provocative, but perhaps
true. This lens has always had a great reputation. Erwin: please test it
for us!