Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide dupes
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 10:59:04 -0400

At 12:13 AM 6/7/98 -0700, you wrote:

>I've tried slide duplication on a few "lazy" occasions, and always been
>disappointed. Could some "knowledgeable" LUG expert, [and soothsayer] set
>out their menthods of doing it. Film base, lighting, development etc. I'd
>quite like to do some using the 100 apo 2.8 R and Elpro ;-)
>
>cheers
>
>Alastair Firkin,

I use a Beseler Slide Duplicator which has the option of using balanced
white light or flash and also has built in filters and contrast control.
If you are going to make a lot of dupes, it is certainly worth having one
of these.  It is for 35mm dupes.  To make 4x5 dupes I use my Omega D5XL
enlarger.  For all dupes I use the slide duplicating films made by Kodak
and Fuji.  Kodak has one especially for dupes of Kodachromes.  I'm sure
this would be good film to use with the 100 and Elpro, but if you are going
to make many dupes, I'd get a duplicator.  Hope this helps -Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP

<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>