Subject: Re: [Leica] cron vs lux
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 00:06:16 -0400

At 08:57 PM 6/7/98 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 6/7/98 7:07:31 PM EST, Summicron1@aol.com writes:
>
><< You say F-2 is "average" speed, but it is
> actually quite fast. With modern films you really do not need anything
faster
> to still get very good results except in the most demanding sports
>situations.
>  >>

>For a modern 50 mm lens, 2.0 is average or a bit slow, actually.  The
needs of
>photographer vary.  Perhaps you would want to check the many posts from Tina
>and others during the last two months alone on this group discussing the many
>uses for a faster speed than 2.0 for a 50 mm lens (none of which were sports
>related).
>
>Tom Shea

You're right, Tom.  I missed the original post.  I'm still missing mail
:-(   I need the Noctilux for taking photos in available darkness, not
sports.   With 1.0 and 3200 speed film, I can take photos by the light of a
fire as a woman grinds corn to make tortillas before the sun comes up.
There's no way I could do that with slower lenses.  Leically - Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP

<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>