Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #108
From: TonynyX44@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 07:28:33 EDT

Let's try this again. I know its an R question BUT...

Any R8 owners have any problems with their camera? Lately on mine the shutter
has been sticking (appears to me that way since on the back of the camera the
display just keeps blinking and I can't COCK the shutter with the winder on
the body or OFF. Naturally this happened this past weekend when I wanted to
take some pictures with friends. Rather embarrassing to say the least. Me with
my "vaunted Leica" and stuck shutter and them with their WORKING point and
shoots. Now the kicker is that when I got home the thing WORKED. Than after a
while it stopped working again! So its an on and off problem. BTW this is a
demo model (all papers and in the box, 1 year Leica warranty) that I got from
Stan Tamarkin (reputedly a reliable dealer who doesn't deal in gray market
items) and I "saved" $400 off the standard $2,395 price. Now I'm beginning to
wonder. When returning this to him should I ask for ANOTHER body instead of
having them fix this one? This really ticks me off since I just got the camera
a week ago.

One other thing I noticed is my camera (serial # 2290622) has a green display
while another R8 with a higher serial number has an aqua display in the
finder. Did Leica change the display color along the way or was this other
camera a fluke?

Tony