Subject: Re: [Leica]Wide Zoom
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 06:40:48 +0100

Adrian wrote:

 I can't reveal my (very good) source but I have heard that a 21-35R (made
in Japan) is coming at Photokina. Along with a 135/3.4 APO for M.>>>>>>>>

Adrian mon ami,

You are a down right teaser! :) I don't care a whit for long lenses on an M
camera, but it woud be a great asset to have a 21-35 for the R........But
only if it's a 2.8 or faster!

If it's one of these micky mouse changing aperture things as the focal
length changes they might as well make it as pop corn prizes!

If other lens manufactureres can produce fine 20-70 or 20-35's and maintain
the same aperture speed, Leica should be able to do it and better!!

But do keep us all in mind if you hear any further scuttle butt coming down
the tube! :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant