Subject: [Leica] Re: TIME Mag. Special Feature
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 06:48:11 +0000

Hi Friends

The June 8 issue of Time magazine has a feature on the Artists and
Entertainers of the Century.

The Chapter entitled CAMERA READY showed 6 photographers in the background
of one of their famous shots.  They are HCB (Valencia, 1933), W Eugene
Smith (Minamata, 1971), Paul Strand (White Fence, 1916), Edward Weston
(Pepper #30, 1930), Robert Frank (Parade-Hoboken, N J., 1955)and Cindy
Sherman.

HCB and Eugene Smith were shown holding their cameras.  HCB (in a nice pic
of him wearing a hat) was holding  a Leica M3 (can't identify the lens but
there is an acc. VF attached).  Eugene Smith was holding a Leica (I think a
IIIf), with a collapsible lens and VIDOM VF.

The nice part is that they are shown holding our favourite brand of cameras.

Dan Khong.