Subject: [Leica] SBOOI? Getting along with IIIf with Summicron
From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCNydDK0NORzcbKEo=?= <kumagai@po.cnet-ma.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 22:10:02 +0900

About a year ago I bought a Leica IIIf with Summicron 5cm F2. Along with IROOA.

IROOA is too big! Can hardly see the subject via the viewfinder. I tried 12585H thought it would work better, and it was better, but little
better. I bought another third party shade for 3000 yen ($20 or so.). Much better. I can see 70-80% of the view. - but maybe it's not as
effective as IROOA.

Or maybe SOOFM would make me happy.(Well, as I see from the accessory guide, it looks so attractive. Should work great.) I don't know.

I am kinda figuring out that maybe the camera's built-in viewfinder was not meant to use with high-speed 50mm lens even though I don't
have the document to confirm it. Elmar 5cm 3.5 with FIKOS would be a better match.

Because of the suggestions of many I once thought upgrading the camera to M Leicas. I understand everything is better, but I would like to
stick with this fine piece of craftmanship, and its artistic design. Leica III's are more beatiful to me than M's. (MY OPINION, ok? Maybe I
am just a poor lost-sheep. :-P)

I would like to ask y'all about the 50mm viewfinder, SBOOI. Does it give me as good view as M3's viewfinders? or at least better than
the internal viewfinders of IIIf's?

Thank you in advance.
Tom K.