Subject: [Leica] Re: vertical rangefinder alignment
From: "don ferrario" <don@ferrario.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:15:12 -0400

Pieter,   I don't know how to do the alignment on an M6, but
I may have a suggestion for the *vertical* alignment question:

I also use a Mamiya-6 (wonderful device).  In the Mamiya
users group (on the mamiya website), the vertical alignment
question comes up frequently.  While there is a vertical
adjustment on the Mamiya (easy to do), there is usually
nothing wrong with the camera.

The problem is usually that the user has his/her eye too
low (rarely too high) behind the viewfinder.  I complained that
my Mamiya was vertically misaligned, but found that I was
not positioning my eye correctly.  I have since corrected
my technique, and the rangefinder is perfect.

May I suggest you try the same with one of the Leica's
again, and this time move your eye position vertically.
Let me (us) know what you find.

don ferrario