Subject: Re: [Leica] More dumb questions
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 17:09:37 -0500

David Morton wrote:

> Sorry about these, they'll stop soon I promise.
>
> - What are the differences between the Leicaflex SL and the SL2

- - More sensitive light meter
- - Slightly different mirror path
- - Different method for opening the back
- - Different shape
- - Light for viewing the meter needle in low light
- - Aperture setting in viewfinder along with shutter speed shown in the SL
- - Different lens release button
- - Focusing screen w/split image focusing aid
- - Hot shoe
- - Different shutter cocking lever

> - If I put a 3-cam (not 3rd cam) lens on an R8 body (rather than a ROM
> lens) what features of the R8 do I lose?

I'll let someone else answer this but I believe it's only relative to TTL
flash control.

> - Are there any 'best avoided' lenses among the 3-cam R-series lenses?

IMHO, R lenses are all new enough so that they are all great.  Some are
greater than others.  You can get some terrific older lenses such as the
28, 35, 60 and 90 Elmarit's.  I can't speak for the zooms since I don't
use them.

Bud Cook