Subject: Re: [Leica] Powerful image
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 15:07:33 +0000

LUGnuts,
Yesterday ran across a promo piece by a young photographer I know
slightly, just out of school.  Had 8 pix on a fold out.  And not a one
that was about anything, at least in my aesthetic. They were the current
trend of anti-photos, I suppose, no particular composition, the snapshot
look, bad exposure and lighting.  No POWER.  No belief.  No passion.
Just a here's a picture of john looking at the camera.  I guess she is
starting to get a lot of jobs, so maybe I don't understand.  But they
look like self indulgence to me, taking by someone interested more in
themselves than in the outside world.  The same kind of pix beginning to
show up in the trendy travel mags like Conde Nast Traveler.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego