Subject: Re: [Leica] Terribly Off-Topic: About some meaningless plant
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 00:46:41 EDT

Someone originally wrote:

<< Drawing a parallel between Leica manufacturing techniques
 and vertical integration of production at Ford plants is definitely off
topic. >>

I think the initial analogy of Ford smelting their own steel and whether Leica
makes their own glass was right on and correct.

For those of us who thought Leica "did it all," the Ford analogy was a wake-
up.  Who in today's industrial age produces their own raw materials??
Virtually nobody.  I personally, feel embarassed that I actually thought such
a small company could do this and be competitive the photo industry.  Blame
Leica and see my other post.  Silly me!

Arturo