Subject: Re;[Leica] Opticlean--available in the US
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 12:31:47 +0200

Dear LUGgers

About Opticlean: think before you act!

I used it on my 24 mm Elmarit R, on the front, and almost could not peel the
layer of. Eventually, after an hour or so, I did. With the help of a little
screwdriver. I wished I had never put it on.

IMHO: just keep your lens cap on when the lens is idle, or use a good, BW or
Helioplan, UV-filter for dire circumstances. (Sandstorms?). Blow any dust
off and if ever necassary, use a very old cotton handkerchief. All this
should be enough.

And IMHO again: stay away from the Opticlean!

Sander
- -----
Sander van Hulsenbeek
at work: sander.vanhulsenbeek@solvay.com