Subject: Re: [Leica]plutocrats
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:24:26 +0000

Five Senses Productions wrote:

> Why do you say "one of the country's largest sprinkler watering
> system manufacturers"  AND  "this is a huge international
> company all have probably heard of" instead of just using the name
> of the company?  Just curious......

Partly because it doesn't matter and this is a public forum and there
are such things as libel suits (which, right or wrong, I can't afford to
fight0.  If you use a model that turned out to be pretty bad, would it
serve a purpose to tell us her name?  If the company I mentioned had
done me dirt (like not paying a bill), I would mention by name so no one
else gets hurt.  But this company has the right to do business as they
see fit.  And photographers have the right to do jobs for whatever they
want.  They even have the right NOT to use Leicas!

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego