Subject: Re: [Leica] Roller processing
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 19:31:48 -0400

I use a Unicolor film drum and motor base. I bought them used for less than
$50. A good starting adjustment factor for developing is -15% of the time
used with regular tanks.

A stainless drum will not work on my motor base because the diameter of the
drum is too small to engage the rollers.

Cheers!

kw

>Dear LUG,
>
>I realize this is a bit off topic and my failing memory seems to
>indicate that this topic has been discussed once or twice already but
>here goes...
>

>I presently hand process my b&w on steel reels in steel cans. I'd like
>to use a motorized base and continue to use the same cans and reels. I
>do both 35mm and 120. Does anyone do this? Do I have to go to a
>dedicated system of base and drums? Can I mix and match equipment? My
>assistant would also like to process his 4x5 and 8x10 sheets this way
>rather than tray processing as he has been doing.
>
>I'd prefer not to get something as involved as a Jobo system with lift,
>bottles and such although I'd consider using their drums if I had to.
>And I also realize that the larger formats will require at least larger
>tanks and accompanying equipment.
>
>Those of you who use motorized bases and roller drums for processing,
>would you please relate your experiences. Also, any help on processing
>time adjustments would be appreciated.
>
>Carl Socolow

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>