Subject: Re: [Leica] Deleting LUG mails
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 19:53:43 +0200

Jim,

<<< You could have used my name. It's Jim Brick. Sorry I annoy you.
But I do indeed filter, reject, and delete a lot of stuff. >>>

Please, understand me correct:

We all have our likes and dislikes, and we all delete emails,
maybe because the subject doesn't touch us, on personal reasons,
or - at least - to prevent email overflow.

But, when you throw in people's face 'I threw x mails away -
unread', you also discourage and disappoint many contributors
who say more than 'me too' and take/ took some effort in _their_
subject or reply.  Why should they write/ reply if it's thrown
away unread, specially if it's done by a well-known LUG member ?

Yes, your mail had an initializing effect, but you are not alone,
you don't annoy me, and my mail was not directed against you.
Many mayn LUG members, me included, for sure do appreciate your
advice and experience, which you share for free.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm