Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 notes
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:52:37 +0100

Jeff,

Welcome to the R8 (semi)-fan club. I'm 3000+ miles away from my R8 at the
moment, but I seem to recall that you can reduce the number of steps by 1.
Set the timer to 2 seconds first, then completely press the shutter button.
I think that this will cause the mirror to swing up immediately, followed by
the shutter release after the 2 second delay.

I haven't noticed the issue with the protruding hinge, but the right side
strap lug does seem to get in the way sometimes.

Vahan