Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography(2)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 19:44:14 -0500

At 06:01 PM 5/12/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Does any lugger have a story about the best or the worst critique he
>received.

Well, this in essence is a critique, by a reader, not a photographer.

I took a picture of a homeless girl at the Salvation Army shelter. Her
teacher from the previous spring saw it in the paper. She gave money to
Catholic Charities to get the girl, her mother and brother an apartment,
groceries, clothes, and enrolled the mother in college and got her a
part-time job.

That's about the greatest critique of my work I've ever experienced.
Someone did something to change the world for one little girl, and it went
way beyond that.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

.'Sounds like art,' the instructor says. 'Well, it is art,' I say.
'This divorce of art from technology is completely unnatural. It's just
that it's gone on so long you have to be an archeologist to find out where
the two separated...' "

Robert M. Pi