Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography(2)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 20:50:13 -0400

At 06:01 PM 5/12/98 +0200, you wrote:
>LUG-nuts
>However I have not changed my mind about the best praise a photographer can
>receive.  And that is .. "Oh what a wonderfully sharp photograph.  How much
>money do you want for it?"
>
>Does any lugger have a story about the best or the worst critique he
>received.
>
>Alan Hull

Alan -

Good question!  The best critique was overheard at a gallery when someone
looking at one of my photos said (referring to a mother in Iraq), "I know
exactly how she feels!"
The worst critique was when I came back from Central America the first
time.  I was profoundly moved by what I had seen and spent a week in the
darkroom printing. I got together a stack of the best ones and showed them
to my husband, saying, "What do you think?"  His reply was, "I think you
look awfully good in those shorts!"  Later I realized that I should not
have gone straight to the darkroom after being gone a month; however, I
still don't ask my husband to critique my photos!   Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>