Subject: [Leica] Need Help With Film & Airports
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:53:45 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I am traveling later this week to London and then on to Israel to
lecture,scuba diving and photograph.  I have about 60 rolls of film (color
ASA 200 and B&W ASA 400).

I understand the new xray scanners for checked luggage will probably fry my
film.  I plan on carrying the film in gallon sized zip lock clear plastic
bags for hand inspection.

Here's the question:  Do I open up all the sealed boxes of film and keep
the plastic cannisters separate from the actual film - or should I keep
everything sealed in the cardboard boxes?

Thanks for the help.  My kit will consist of a Nikonos V with 15mm
underwater lens and flash, Leica M6, 24asph or 28 elmarit (can't decide
which one to take), 35 Summilux, 50 Summilux and 90 Summicron, Widelux F8
panoramic camera and Canon 10x30 stabilized binoculars.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA