Subject: Re: [Leica] "State of the Art"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 07:53:45 -0500

At 06:35 AM 5/9/98 +0000, you wrote:

>It does if you go out the next day on the beach or at the snow or <pick
>your own tough subject> and you need to use matrix and the Nikon chooses
>a better exposure.

That's a lot of ifs. And I can tell you from experience, the Nikon F5 would
not give you the proper exposure in snow, regardless of the advertising
copy's claims to the contrary. It's the best meter out there, but not
better than the R8 or EOS1n by any stretch of the imagination that would
make me go back now. In snow, and on the beach, the exposure is easy. Sunny
16.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO