Subject: Re: [Leica] "State of the Art"
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 12:50:04 +0000

Eric Welch wrote:

> You cannot run a camera on adertising hype, either. They are great cameras,
> all. But there are only so many exposure settings out there. Regardless of
> how they arrive at them, all of these cameras do a great job, but they
> can't match a brain and a light meter working together. There is no
> significant difference between any of them that would make one a more
>compelling choice when the issue is light meters.

Ah, Eric, but there are differences that I personally found very nice
when I switched to Leica.  Like TTL flash metering for any strobe
dedicated or not including multiple studio type units - Canon and
Nikon can't do this.  Rear curtain sync at the flip of a switch for
ANY flash plugged into the sync terminal. I don't think Nikon and
Canon do this either.  Mirror prefire, the most logical and easy to
use I have ever encountered.

As far as the light metering goes, well you all know my stance on
that particular issue.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto