Subject: Re: [Leica] "State of the Art"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 07:57:15 -0500

At 06:06 AM 5/9/98 +0000, you wrote:
>>Have you used the R8? The F5? The EOS1n? I have.
>
>You cannot change the laws of physics Cap'n.

You cannot run a camera on adertising hype, either. They are great cameras,
all. But there are only so many exposure settings out there. Regardless of
how they arrive at them, all of these cameras do a great job, but they
can't match a brain and a light meter working together. There is no
significant difference between any of them that would make one a more
compelling choice when the issue is light meters. The glass is a more
important choice. Moose Peterson is right, the F5's meter is the best there
is, for an automatic meter.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO