Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome EI and the R8
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 20:41:11 +0100

Pete Myers wrote:

>Kodachrome 25 and 64: what EI are you shooting them at with the R8?
>
>How much bracketing are you ending up doing for your landscape images?
>so going back to Kodachrome is going to take a bit of a learning curve.
>Any helpful bits would  be appreciated.>>>>

Hi Pete:

My problem ;) with the R8 is, the metering is so accurate that I have
almost stopped bracketing! :) Of course that is a bit scary as the slightly
changed exposures give me a choice of saturation, but I'm finding the meter
is very accurate

But of late I've become lazy about bracketing simply because the camera
does such and excellant exposure reading that I can shoot a 36 exposure
roll and every frame will be perfectly exposed. For my likes!  Granted the
pictures aren't "all perfect!" :) But exposure is right on the mark for the
saturation that I prefer.

I use the center weighted mode and if in doubt, I'll check what the
multi-pattern reading is for a back-up. The spot meter is just that "spot
on!"

As far as changing ASA for any of the films I use, Kodachrome, E200,
100S&SW or B&W, I set the meter for the ASA I require and that's it.

ted