Subject: Re: [Leica] Red Dot! Argh!!!
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 12:02:36 -0400

>Are you suggesting that the value of an M6 will be dramatically lowered if
>the red dot is damaged or stolen?

Hardly. What I am suggesting is that the red dot and the white Leica M-6
lettering consitute a sign which reads, either, "Valuable equipment! Steal
me!," or, "Look at what a hot shit I am. I can afford a Leica."

I am also suggesting that some black tape along the baseplate, and around
the black chrome edges of the body can protect it from dings and scratches
that do lower its value, while at the same time make the camera look like
an old whatever that's been sitting in a closet, and isn't worth a second
look.