Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 autofocus help
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:11:14 -0400

At 01:19 AM 4/28/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Perhaps this should be titled, LANDFILL HELP, as I have been asked by the
>City of Roanoke, Virginia, NOT to throw my V35 into the public dump, though
>I am sorely tempted.
>
>This is one cranky, nasty, foul-tempered, foolishly designed item.  It is,
>bluntly, the most worthless excuse for an enlarger I have ever used.
>Autofocus?  Well, I concede that it "auto" focus, but, bloody hell, with
>each frame, it is a ten-minute exercize in futzing about with a gazillion
>adjusting screws to make it work.  Go to the next frame?  Autofocus?  Nope.
> Back to square one, and do it all over again.

Marc -

Something has got to be wrong with your V35!!  I've never had to adjust
mine and it focuses perfectly every time.  I check it with a
micro-magnifier just to be sure and the grain is sharp as a tack.  I've
never touched a single adjusting screw.  This enlarger has saved me
countless hours in the darkroom.   I have the black and white head, but
that shouldn't make a difference.  Is there someplace you could take it and
have it checked out?  Wish I could help - Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>