Subject: [Leica] Is this another R8 flaw or am I just over-worried?
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:47:59 -0400

Pascal,

    >>if you manipulate the 70-180 on the R8 ( like focusing ) there is
some<<
                                            >>play on the lens mount<<

I've got my 70-180, right in front of me, on an R8( w & w/o tripod ); when
I focus back & forth, there is zero play where the lens mount interacts
with the R8. However, when the combo ( R8/70-180 ) is on a tripod, I can
rotate the R8 body ever so slightly; this is very similar ( although the
rotation is barely discernible )  to other lenses, when I rotate the body
in a similar fashion.

Thus, Pascal, there should not be any movement when all you are doing is
focusing the lens; however, there appears to be a small amount of normal
"play" between all lenses & a camera body. Precise amount of "play" depends
upon the weight of the specific lens!

My 2 cents ;-)

Tom D.