Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 focusing method
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:48:26 -0400

John McLeod,

                     >>I have always focused with my left hand to the left
of<<
                                          >>,& slightly, above the lens<<

      >>that those who like the ergonomics of the R8 cradle their focusing
hand<<
                                                >>under the lens<<

First & foremost, I love the ergonomics of the R8 & I do not cradle my
focusing
hand under the lens; my left hand is more similar to your style. To be more
specific, my left hand is at right angle to the lens & my left forefinger
is on top of the lens & middle finger is on the bottom of the lens.

Focusing is done by removing my left hand & then gripping the lens as
described above; it works just great for me. All of my hand held work, with
the 24,35, 80/90, & 180 lenses, are beautifully balanced with my R8/winder
;-)!

Tom D.