Subject: Re: [Leica] 10 reasons why I need an M6
From: Shawn London <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:31:16 -0500

An M6 is so unusual in that it does not look or function like the kind of
camera people expect these days.

Case in point:  Today, I went on assignment to photograph a Mandala,
which is a  sand pattern of religious significance created by Tibetan
Buddhist monks.  For a better idea of what one looks like, you should see
Martin Scorsese's last film, "Kundun," which is a truly wonderful film.

I received permission from the head monk to take only a few photos
(without flash), as its creation is a religious event in itself. I knelt
down with my M6 and 50 Summilux and snapped a few photos off and put the
camera away.  The monk then asked me why I hadn't taken any photos.  That
speaks volumes about the how low-key and unobtrusive the camera is.