Subject: [Leica] 10 reasons why I need an M6
From: Robert Rose <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:08:54 -0700

Riack,
Ah, we have all been there.  Take a look at http://www.amishalom.org/images/Elise.jpg which is a picture of my wife.  I took that sitting next to her at a family dinner at Thanksgiving, maybe only 2 feet away, with an M6 and 35 Summicron at f/2.  After I showed her this picture she said, "When did you take that?"  Now when I take out the M6 she says, "That's Bob's old camera that was made before they invented flash.  It takes great pictures!"

That is my answer; tell her it takes pictures that otherwise you just won't get.  Ever.  I may be biased, but this image tells me more than any taken with any SLR.  If I had used an SLR or a Point & Shoot (my IS-1) then she would have said, "Oh for heavens sake put that thing away."

Tell her the M6 is a people camera.  You will take photos of the people SHE loves that she will treasure forever. (Kids, dog, Mother-in-law, (note order), etc.)  Sit down with her with pictures taken with an M, such as Eisenstadt' picture of the sailor's kiss, and the Man & Woman on a bar stool.

Just never tell her how much it costs.

Bob
 << Her best question was "what will it do for me (her)?">>