Subject: Re: [Leica] Upside Down Shutter Speeds
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 18:35:37 +0200

Hello Dan,
It looks like your slow speeds are going lazy...
Your M is ready for a good CLA!
This is, I think, a very common problem with the Ms. Mine behaved the same
way but not when I took it upside down. If I moved the film advance lever
fast, It dit the same as yours when you're carrying it upside down...
It's a part of the shutter control system, called the timer, and which is
responsible for the slow speeds that is not anymore working properly. As
soon as it's not cocked, the shutter fires roughly at 1/50!
Go for a CLA...
Good luck,
Thib.