Subject: Re: [Leica] All kinds of music? Bah
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 19:50:11 -0500

At 07:15 AM 4/21/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Anyone who is discriminating about music will love certain things and hate
>other things--and in some cases even hate them with a passion. Art lovers
have

I'm with Mike. One doesn't have to like everything, or say that something
else is "bad" just because one doesn't like it. I HATE rap and alanis
morriset, or whoever. Elevator music makes my skin crawl. Tchaikovsky's
March Slav with a xylophone and saxophone with Mitch Miller's choir humming
in the background just doesn't do it for me, no matter how soft it is!

I don't like Gary Winogrand, Helmut Newton, Witkin, most of Mapplethorps's
work, or photojournalists who "set up" their pictures.

But I like Duane Michals, Kertesz, Ansel Adams, Steichen (now there's a
pair!) Natchwey, Minor White and Gene Smith (he set things up, but that was
before photojournalism eithics were mature), Sam Abell, Bill Allard, Ernst
Haas, Eli Reed, Alex Webb, Jim Stanfield...

That's quite an eclectic group, but it works for me! And a bunch of them
were Leica users.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch