Subject: Re: [Leica] Developing Film in US (NYC)
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 12:00:39 -0300

> I am looking for any good laboratory ... either in the NYC area of
> by mail.  That they could do contacts, prints, etc.

There are of course gazillions of labs in NYC, with their own strengths
and weaknesses.  I'd point out one in particular though, because while
many labs do good E6, and C41 developing and contacting, and big fancy
prints, often the same labs do a terrible job with little snapshot
prints.  And sometimes, dammit, you *want* snapshot prints.

The Spectra chain (with just enough exceptions to prove they're
human) have for years provided me with decently-exposed,
decently-color-balanced if color, decently sharp 4" x 6" snapshot
prints.  You ask for their "Premier" prints, glossy if you actually wish
to see the detail in your photo, and they come back with little white
borders and nearly the full frame of the negative printed -- a welcome
exception to the radical crop some borderless prints inflict on you.