Subject: [Leica] R8 vs. R7
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:18:15 -0500

>more accurate meter would be important, and the 1/2 stop detents for
>shutter speeds. And the TTL flash. Not as good as the R8, but good.

Eric, Ted and other R8 users; Jim and other R7 holdouts: Is the 1/100 sec
flash synchronization of the R7  compared to the R8's 1/250sec a serious
drawback in flash photography, especially for fill flash?
Apart from the matrix metering and our nostalgia for cameras designed from
the ground up in Germany, what are the major pros and cons of the R8 vs. the
R7?
(I am trying to decide if an upgrade from R5 to R7 makes sense or whether I
should bite the bullet and go for an R8 at some later date)

regards, Andrew Jordan