Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #323 ; Re: Lifeboat kit
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 12:54:20 -0500

My minimal kit that would serve me well for many photo ops:

M5: smaller measuring spot than in M6;shutter speed readout in viewfinder,
etc.
PX625 cells, hidden  in bag from the Mercury police, for spares

21 f3.4 SA & chrome finder
35mm f2  asph Summicron
50mm f2 Summicron
90mm f2.8 Elmarit*

Metz 32Z2 flash unit

Minolta autometerIII with 5 degree spot attachment and incident light sphere

The above is the most I would want to carry to Europe traveling by train.

A complementary R system, kept in the trunk of a rented car, would comprise
the following:

R5 body

28mm f2.8 PC Superangulon
60mm f2.8 Macro- Elmarit
100mm f2.8 Apo-Macro- Elmarit(a planned purchase)*
180mm f3.4 Apo-Telyt**

* in a 2 camera kit the 90mm f2.8 Elmarit M may be supefluous except for its
wonted "bokeh" in comparison with the 100mm f2.8 apo R lens.
**expert opinion may allow to use one of the apo extenders with the 100mm
f2.8 apo R lens in lieu of the 180mm f3.4.

Regards, Andrew Jordan