Subject: Re: [Leica] DOF indicator
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:04:55 -0400

At 11:05 PM 4/19/98 +0800, Lee Yan Zhan wrote:
>1.  Is this only for 50mm lens?

As the book says!  Yes.

>2.  Is this only for between f/5.6 to 16?

As the book says!  Yes.  (Actually, it is ONLY for f/5.6 and f/16, but, by
definition, includes all apertures between these.)

>3.  How do you see this double superimposed image against the top and
>bottom notches?  Try focusing on a on my sofa then looked at the TV behind.
> I see double image of the TV and it looks like its between the upper
>notch.  My metered aperture is F2.8.  How do I relate this to the f16?

There is no relation at all between the metered aperture and the DOF
indicators.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!