Subject: [Leica] Lenses I'd carry
From: John McLeod <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 22:26:25 +0000

On an M camera, if I could carry only one lens it would be a 50.  No
contest.  If it were two lenses and one standard body, it would be a 50 and
a 35.  Best would be two bodies:  an HM with 90 and a standard M6 with 50,
plus a lot of room to back up for when I really the needed the 21, 24, or
35.  I'll be honest about the 21 and 24 on an M though.  I love the look of
it and the feel of it, but I haven't a clue how to take a quick picture with
an accessory viewfinder.  I grew up with SLR's and have a lot to learn about
how to use M's, especially M's with those crummy plastic or metal
viewfinders (all of mine have a titanium housing and 35% rubber, 65%
carbon-fibre outer covering, with red dot made from the dryed sap of a tree
from the Black Forest).  Apologies to Stephen Gandy for another poor attempt
at humor -- it's late.

On an SLR, if only one lens, it would be an 85.  If two lenses, an 85 and a
35.  If three:  85, 35, 24.  If four:  85, 35, 24, 180.  If five, I'd add a
50.  If six, I'd ask Jim Brick to follow me around and get whatever I need
;-)

John McLeod