Subject: [Leica] Sale/trade for F5
From: John McLeod <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 22:02:12 +0000

I may get in trouble for mentioning this on the Leica list (the Cops are out
there Marc says, probably with justification this time).  But ... I'm
thinking about selling my new Nikon F5 and getting an R8 to use with my two
R6's.  As some of you know, I have only had this camera for about 2 months.
I'm not sure what used F5's are going for right now, but if anyone is
interested in a purchase or trade please let me know via private e-mail.  If
I sell it, the whole kit would include:

o   Nikon F5 -- mint, boxed, Nikon warranty, works perfectly
o   50/1.4D-AF -- mint, Nikon warranty, very sharp (I tried 3 before buying
this one), but weird bokeh
o   HR-2 lens hood for the 50/1.4
o   Mint Really Right Stuff plate for the F5 (uses the Arca-Swiss mount)
o   -2.0 diopter for F5 (a real hot item, I know)

John McLeod
johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net

P.S. Eric and Ted, you can both start laughing ... now!  Also, if anyone out
there thinks this is a bad idea based on their experiences with the R8,
speak now or forever hold your peace ;-)