Subject: [Leica] Re: Monday production (WAS: Subjective lens impression)
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:00:30 +0200

On 13-04-1998 06:05 LEICAMAN56 wrote:

>Seriously, they do have quite stringent QC at Leica.  At every step of a
>lenses production it is checked and rechecked.  Of course, anything is
>possible, but I find it hard to believe a subpar lens could escape from the
>factory.  This would imply that not only one person, but many people in
>the QC
>chain would have fallen down on the job.  Again, anything is possible, but
>not
>very likely.

Bill,

if that were true (and I continue to hope it is true because I am paying
for my Leica lenses personally) I wouldn't have received two brand new
lenses with major mechanical problems (80mm Summilux and 28mm Elmarit)
last year. And so did Pete Myers on this list with his 35mm Summicron.

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r