Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic ? important court ruling
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 08:21:18 -0500

At 08:11 AM 4/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Sorry if I was napping, but what is this reference to Feinstein and his/her
>ban on zooms? Sounds crazy. Are straight telephotos okay?

Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) has proposed legislation that says
photographers have to stay at least 15 feet from celebrities and they
cannot use zoom lenses. It's more complex than that, but this is the part
that shows how stupid about photography some legislators are who think they
can regulate our profession. Of course, it's unconstitutional, and misses
the point that telephotos are what they really don't want, but don't tell
them! :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance.