Subject: Re: [Leica] Seminar dates... West Coast
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 23:46:35 -0400

Gary Todoroff wrote:

<<<<<Just to throw in my own two cents and a completely biased geographical
opinion - why not consider Eureka, Calif? It was rated as number one in
"The 100 Best Small Art Towns in America" book by John Villani, 1996. It is
right in the middle of the US West Coast (San Francisco 300 mi south,
Portland 400 mi north).>>>>

Hi Gary,

It's never up to me where the seminar is held, that's always arranged by
the dealer and Leica and I'm pointed at the spot and turn up. :)

Sounds like a wonderful part of the west coast, Eureka, Calif:

<<<<We are in the heart of Redwood National Park, and near unspoiled,
rugged coastlines. To the east are mountains and rivers. For street
shooters, we have Oldtown, lots of festivals and even have one of the last
refuges of the 1960's at the Plaza in nearby Arcata, with some very
interesting looking students from Humboldt State.>>>>>>>

Given I just live up the coast from you, Victoria on Vancouver Island, I
should just pop down the coast highway with leicas in hand and piles of
film and shoot-up a storm. :)

The place sounds very inviting and my wife has been after me to drive the
west coast highway for over 15 years and now Eric has moved out of Grants
Pass, I have a new buddy to shake hands with and share Leica tales. :)

But if a west coast Leica seminar can be put to-gether I'll pass on your
comments about the location. Sounds like you're the un-official tourism
manager. :)

ted