Subject: [Leica] Re:shutter delay in R's
From: Yods1 <Yods1@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 14:16:40 EDT

	Sorry to revisit the shutter delay in the R's again, but I was wondering if
anyone can tell if the sluggishness has been remedied in the R8 to any degree-
the only local camera store that has one considers it too precious to be
touched by human hands. I can't test it myself.
	I'm confident that I'm right, there is a significant delay in the release of
the R's, but please forgive me for not defending my opinion against arguments
equating the sensitivity needed in moment-oriented photography to jamming on
the brakes of a speeding car. I'm not speaking as a master of such moments,
rather as someone who's missed too many by not being quite fast enough. I
don't really there's only one (HC-B) "decisive" moment but I'd like to get the
one I see, not the one that follows.
	That said, there are so many great photographers using R's that I must be
full of crap. So, can anyone who agrees there's a delay tell me if it's been
lessened in the R8?
Thanks,
Dave Yoder
P.S. Any speculation on whether the ASPH wide angle lenses will be produced
for the R's anytime soon?