Subject: [Leica] Leica delay
From: Yods1 <Yods1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 01:31:22 EDT

Thanks for the opinions offered about R's vs. M's in photojournalism.
	I'm not convinced though that it was my imagination that there is a delay in
the R's between pressing the shutter release button and when the mirror flops
up. The best test feel I could do was in the camera store where I simply tried
to get the gestures of the sales staff while they were hawking the latest EOS
or whatever, and I wasn't able to get the gestures where I intended to get
them, or where I would have had them with my Nikons or the M's I tried in the
same manner. I think the delay might be a problem in moment-oriented work and
it's a serious concern of mine. I'm kinda wondering though why I haven't heard
others complain about it, or read anything about it here in the LUG.
	I wasn't, however, able to try out the R8, which they don't allow people to
touch. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the delay time on the
R8? Is it quicker?
Thanks
Dave Yoder