Subject: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #282
From: Mike Johnston <70007.3477@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 21:21:17 -0500

To Ken Johnson:

If you can have only one lens, it should be one of the two most recent 35mm
f/2s. There is no question that the 35mm Summicron ASPH-M is the #1 preferred
normal lens for the M6 in a new lens. The older 1979-1995 35mm Summicron is
still an outstanding lens, and can be had for relatively bargain prices right
now. It wouldn't be a bad choice at all. But in a new lens, the 35mm f/2 ASPH-M
is the one. It offers less flare than the older lens (which was already pretty
good in that regard), less vignetting, and better performance at f/2 and f/2.8,
along with small size, light weight, and relativly affordable cost.

To Doug Herr:
Why don't race cars have leather seats, power steering, and air conditioning?
<g>

To Carl Socolow:
We don't own the rights to articles we have published; all rights revert to the
authors after we purchase First North American publication rights. I can't
legally post the "Bokeh" articles without the authors' permissions.
Fortunately, however, all three of the articles were published in the same
issue, and we sell back issues for $5.00 each with no additional postage and
handling charges. Call our Circulation Department at 847/647-2900 ext. 324, or
fax them at -1155 if you would like to purchase your own copy of the Bokeh
articles.

We do anticipate having a web site by the end of the summer.

- --Mike J. (Editor, _PHOTO Techniques_)