Subject: [Leica] A la prochaine
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 06:44:31 +1000

G'day Bertie,

>  Alastair, about your trip to Japan, this will sound so simple, but
> I'll write it anyways.  I ve done a bit of travel with my spouse and
> found that  it is so much easier if I dont take sole and full responsability
> for photography.

Thanks. We are very similar, but of course I'm very impatient, and so I
snap snap snap, and like using the SLR as well. Besides, I certainly do not
need competition ;-)

We tried sharing a camera in the USA last year and it was a bit of a
disaster. She did not like the rangefinder CLE as it was then, and wanted
her own camera. I should do as you suggest, but perhaps I need my own SLR
;-)

My nieces are both going to be involved, it is one of the "conditions" of
them coming ;-) They are quite keen to get into photography, and we had a
"training" day a few weeks ago. It should be great fun.

Oh please do not take offense at "Bertie", by sister just had a Robert,
calls him Bertie, and I kinda like it ;-)

Thanks also to everyone who has wished us a good trip and made comments.
I'll be posting the results for certain in May on our return. {iff they
measure up to Leica Glow standards ;-)}

Cheers,

Alastair Firkin,